Forums General chat Stressed about health issues Reply To: Stressed about health issues
Shirl
1 Posts

You’ve been through a hell of a lot – and seem to have done very well dealing with it so far.

I haven’t been through anything anywhere near similar but have had mental health issues for the last 40 years that finally got diagnosed as bipolar disorder last year. What I can say is that knowing what the problem is, is half the battle. Once it has a label, you can work out a strategy for dealing with it, and put plans in place for what you need to do – in my case triggers, sleep, awareness of where I am in the mood scale etc.

You already know what you want to do, so you have goals to work towards. Once you have the diagnosis, you can then look at it in relation to your other health issues, and work out the steps you need to take to achieve them. You may have to take smaller steps than someone without the health challenges, but you’ve already overcome so much, adding the new diagnosis into the mix will be something you’re more than capable of managing.

Very best wishes, and good luck!